Random Post #1
Why Persian food is the best cuisine
As someone who is Persian, I am biased when it comes down to choosing my favorite cuisine. I have had many conversations about what cuisine is the best before choosing where to eat. Some say Italian, Greek, American, Ethiopian, Indian, and the list can go on. I will stand my ground and say Persian food takes the cake as the best cuisine. Persian cuisine comes from a long and rich history of tradition and has evolved over thousands of years. It's famous for how diverse and complex the dishes are with a wide range of presentations and ingredients. Each region in Iran has its unique style and flavors but all come together when creating the national dishes. What unifies each region is how each uses fresh herbs to balance other ingredients commonly used that are mainly sour or sweet.
Cooking Persian food is not only complex but is an art in itself. Dishes mainly incorporate rice or bread which are staples of almost every dish accompanying various vegetables, meats, and spices. It's like a complex and intricate dance that when mastered is beautiful to the eye and keeps you in awe. Some of the most popular dishes include Chelow Kabab, Ghormeh Sabzi, and Fesenjan to Loobia Polo, Joojeh Kabab, and Zeresh Polo give the best introduction to some of the best food you'll taste hands down.
One aspect of Persian food that is well ingrained into the culture is hosting. When making Persian food it's better to make it for lots of people because of how labor-intensive and satisfying the whole experience can be. It's more a social experience than something to make at home for one or two people. Whether you are a professional chef who likes to cook at home and looking to explore new territories in your culinary journey. Persian food is a good choice. These dishes will guide you through the world of Persian Cuisine.
Hi Aiden, I really liked reading your post! I always love hearing people argue why their favorite food is the best. Growing up, I was invited to my family friend's grandmother's weekend dinners where she would cook beautiful spreads of numerous different Persian dishes. I don't have the privilege of getting to eat it as much as an adult, but I definitely agree with your sentiments. Great post!
ReplyDeleteHello Aiden, thank you for introducing Persian food to us. We live in such a diverse society that there are many things we are not familiar with. The aspects you mention about Persian food I totally have no idea with. After you introduction, I would love to try it sometimes in the future!
ReplyDeleteAiden, I really enjoyed reading your post. I have never had Persian food, but after listening to what you had to say, I definitely would like to try it out. I am intrigued! It was really nice to learn what the most popular dishes are and how food goes beyond eating; rather, it is ingrained in the culture of hosting.
ReplyDelete