Book 2 Post 1 - Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakeable Core
I decided on which book to choose Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakeable Core by Dr. Rick Hanson for book 2. The reason is because I have always been interested in self-development books and books helping you unravel who you are by looking within yourself. Reading other books similar to this one like Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living, and The Alchemist where personal development is the main aspect throughout the book I found this book to be the most appealing. My whole life I have found when looking at your problems you will always seem overwhelmed but the answer that you are looking for is almost only within. The effects from your problems will have you thinking will you go down this rabbit hole of what if, what will, and when it does but not tackling the route of the problem. What comes with solving these personal problems is how you take on these problems at face value.
This is where the book at its core talks about being resilient and breaking down humans into three basic needs satisfaction, connection, and safety. From the warmth of his writing, Hanson lets the reader reflect on one's life and process traumatic or joyful experiences. This is a common aspect in self-development books and is not something to be scared of because it leads to helping not only yourself but your relationships with people. I like how Hanson makes the book very easy to read as he talks about how the core necessities humans need in everyday life and ties it to building a foundation to become resilient. I am very excited to continue reading this book as I am fond of reading self-development books so I hope other people reading and myself all get something out of his words.
Comments
Post a Comment