World We Imagine Part 1
Practice Kindness
Good things happen to good people
The question of what is the first step in making the world a better place is difficult to answer. Although some may assume or know the solution to this issue, I believe it boils down to something basic. I believe that most problems can be solved with basic answers since they are more digestible and tangible. A basic workshop that many entrepreneurs enjoy doing while brainstorming ideas is solving problems with the simplest solution they can think of. Developing a travel app to connect people while traveling, coffee shop locations in whatever area you're in, particularly mom-and-pop or boutique businesses, and a clothing app that allows you to try on garments before purchasing them. These are all simple concepts that address difficult or previously unknown problems.
When reading Jacqueline Novogratz's The Blue Sweater, she discusses how, in order to take the first step toward improving the world we live in, people must have a deep perspective on one another, be vulnerable, and express empathy. It is one thing to empathize with people who are less privileged than you, but what about those who are the same or more privileged? If you can't empathize with those around you, how can you empathize with anyone else? Empathy for those around you can help solve problems that go beyond the surface. Understanding perspective and how people differ from one another allows you to take action to improve the world.
To make the world better. I believe the first step is to practice kindness wherever you go. Small acts of kindness can have a significant impact on people's lives. Acts of kindness that require no effort include smiling at strangers, lending a helping hand, or simply listening to someone who needs to talk. These small acts of kindness can brighten someone's day or week because no one knows what's going on in the lives of others except you. I believe that practicing kindness can help to reduce conflict while also inspiring others. It reduces conflict because kindness promotes mutual understanding. When disagreements are handled with empathy and respect, people can find common ground and resolve conflict. Acts of kindness have a ripple effect. When people witness kindness, they are inspired to do good themselves, which has this effect not only on themselves but also on others.
This is something I have recently realized. My mother used to tell me that good things happen to good people, and I have firsthand experience with it. When you are kind to others, it motivates you to be a better person. This type of personal development cannot be taught, but must be learned for yourself. When you are kind to others, the world will guide you through life with positive people and experiences. I believe that having the mindset that good things happen to good people will help you make better decisions and live the life you want.
Hi Aiden,
ReplyDeleteI agree that practicing kindness, even through small gestures, can have incredible impact. Sometimes it is the little things that make the biggest change. Not only do you set a good example for others, but by putting positive energy out into the world, it is likely to have a domino effect and spread positivity to many others. One direction you could take this to make it a reality is creating a Kindness App/Website which gives you a daily reminder to do one random act of kindness. It could even be a social media type of app (like BeReal) with photos or even one without photos. There could be ways to share your random act of kindness with others through the app, and that could inspire others to do the same. It could also be an individual app/website, where the AI generates a prompt/idea and you can use that to do a random act of kindness. The AI could suggest ideas or let you pick your own. Overall, I really like your idea and am excited to see which direction you take it!
-PR
Hi Aiden!
ReplyDeleteI was truly inspired by your reflections on making the world a better place through simple acts of kindness. Your emphasis on small gestures like smiling at strangers or lending a helping hand resonates deeply, reminding us how impactful kindness can be. It’s encouraging to see how these acts not only uplift others but also promote personal growth and foster positive experiences, echoing your mother's belief that good things happen to good people. Your mother's belief that good things happen to good people resonates deeply with me. It's a reminder that our actions create ripples, influencing not just our lives but those around us. This principle of kindness fostering positive experiences and relationships is a timeless wisdom that feels especially relevant today. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Aiden, I love the simplicity of your idea but the importance of the subject. In my positive psychology class we've learned one of the beauties of doing small acts of kindness is they actually make you a happier person too. Personally, days where I let my negative headspace get the best of me I feel worse every time I have a less than pleasant interaction with a stranger. Where, when I attempt to be kind -- say hello to a stranger, open the door, or compliment their outfit I end up feeling much better by the end of the day. I completely agree that kindness creates a ripple that has the potential to reach farther than we assume. Thanks for sharing your insights, I loved reading your post.
ReplyDeleteHi Aiden,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post. It reminded me that it all comes back to the small things and interactions that make life wonderful. Kindness can be so powerful and as you say, can inspire others deeply. I wondered how can we foster kindness in people... through workshops, panel discussions, podcasts? I don't know yet. The challenge will be to reach people, help them remember to slow down, and be kind to one another, but once you can do that, the impact will be huge. Thank you for sharing your opinion in this post!
Hey Aiden,
ReplyDeleteIt was awesome to read your post. I believe that it is super important to be a kind person as well. Life always has a way of rewarding or punishing one based on their actions and how they treat people. It is awesome to see your perspective on the topic. Thank you for sharing.